Monday, March 1, 2010

SIMPLE CURTAINS. MAKE IT MONDAY













My little girl is the child that as soon as the sun comes up says, "Mom time to get up the sun is up." You can imagine how much fun this is when it is 6 in the morning. She also has her bedroom in the basement of the house. As a result her room is really cold in the winter. I wanted something to keep out the light and keep in the heat. I found black out liner at JoAnns and the fabric I wanted to use at IKEA. I love IKEA. I waited until they were both on sale to but the fabric.



As for the curtain I did not want the typical curtain that hangs on the outside. My children are monkeys and I was worried that they would pull it off. I also did not want a roman shade because of the safety issue. So instead we found this great thing at IKEA. You can configure it however you want use as many panels as you need. This worked out great for our window. We used three panels and they slide side to side.



The sewing was very simple. I cut the two pieces of fabric to fit in the window. I then folded the outside layer over the liner and sewed with a straight stitch. That simple.

4 comments:

  1. I want you to help me make that curtain for Luke's room, especially since I don't have a sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids are monkeys too, they actually have pulled off my curtains, rod and all! I need to make black out curtains too

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great. Window treatments are so hard with kids! I need to figure out how to cover up a skylight in the little ones room...there are some early mornings here!
    Holly
    504 Main

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool idea.. wish I had Ikea nearby!

    ReplyDelete