Tuesday, December 1, 2009

PHOTO FRAME


A month or two ago we were out as a family and I saw this frame that I really wanted. However I was not willing to pay the $80 that they were asking. I was determined to find a way to make it. A few months later it is finished and up on the walls. It was really simple and fun to make. I owe all of it to my new favorite store in the Salt Lake Valley. This store is called the wood connection. My husband is not happy with my new discovery but I love it.
SUPPLIES
*paint (Michael's or any craft store)
*Paint brushes
*sandpaper
*wood frame of your choice
*pictures (courtesy of CWMOMENTS.COM)
*metal saying if so desired

I sanded the edge of the frame so that it was smooth. Then I painted the frame. I used two coats. Bead board really sucks up the paint. One coat of paint would have worked however I choose to do two coats because I did not want to be able to see the brush strokes. Once the painting was dry I took little tack nails and nailed in my metal saying and the teeth for the back of the picture. Last of all I bought a foam poster board for the backing on the pictures. I used an exacto knife to cut to the size of the opening. Place your pictures in the frame and hang on the wall. Then you have a custom picture frame.

When everything was said and done I think I completed the entire project for about $40. I thought this was a steal and I got to have it a color that looked great in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment