Tuesday, December 1, 2009

BOWS


Over the Thanksgiving weekend my daughters grandmother came to town. She saw some bows that I had bought and was outraged at the amount of money that I spent on these two bows. As a result we went to the craft store and know my daughter has tons of bows. I think we ended up spending $20 dollars and ribbon and endless bows. Making them was not that difficult. Hope this helps anyone interested in bow making. Any questions please feel free to ask.


SUPPLIES:
*ribbon (lots of different colors and textures seem to work best)
*alligator clips (I got mine from the local beauty supply store)
*hot glue gun

To start pick your first ribbon and cut the edge at an angel. I choose to not cut the ribbon from the spool. Fold the ribbon over each other to the desired length. Make sure to pinch the bow in the middle. Every time you make a new loop make sure to twist the ribbon and pinch the middle. I choose to make three loops and love the way it turned out. When you have all three loops cut the edge at an angel. Take another ribbon and wrap it over the top and down to the bottom. On the bottom tie it in a knot. Make sure to pull tight. Then place some hot glue on the ribbon and put the alligator clip on top of it. Be careful to not glue your clip closed. Now take the extra piece of fabric and glue it around the bottom of the clip also. Cut off excess ribbon and you have a bow.

I hope this saves you as much money as it has saved me. The camera is dead so I will post pictures soon. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment