Monday, February 22, 2010

Make It Monday Headband

I have been looking for a headband everywhere. However I have not been able to find one that is just right. So I decided to make my own. I went to target and bought a pair of infant tights. I then cut the leg out. Once the leg was cut I folded the edge over and hot glued it together. you then will need to take the two ends and glue them to together to form a circle. Make sure to measure it on your child's head before you glue it. This was so simple and inexpensive. I was able to make a white, pink, and an opaque headband. These are now my little ones favorite.










































This is the fabric flower that I made to add to the headband. It was fairly simple to make. I loved the way it turned out. I also like that you can decide how big to make the flower. I found the tutorial at http://maizehutton.blogspot.com/2007/08/frayed-flower.html. I hope that you find this tutorial as helpful as I did.














This is the finished product. I love it and so does my little one. She loves that we can take the flower fabric off and add any of her bows to it.


















I'm linking up at:
My Frugal Familyhttp://theherberfamily.blogspot.com/2010/01/love-banner.html





ASPTL

5 comments:

  1. That is super cute!!! I love that flower

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes a perfect little hair bow- so cute!

    Thank you so much for linking up with the Talented Tuesday link party at My Frugal Family, which is hosted every Tuesday. Please feel free to stop back in every week and post your newest projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for linking up at Craft Schooling Sunday, hope to see you again! All the best, Sara @www.creativejewishmom.com

    ReplyDelete